We're looking for a diligent, reliable and enthusiastic Digital Communications Assistant to support them in managing their social media accounts and online communications.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, friendly and ambitious organisation at a key stage of development, and help it to build its online presence and reach, with the aim of creating a genuinely international online community.
The role would suit someone wishing to gain experience in digital media and communications.
• The role is voluntary, but with the potential to become remunerated over time.
• The duration is initially for 3 months, but flexible.
• The hours are negotiable, with a minimum of 5 hours a week spread across the week.
• The work may be done entirely remotely.
The Digital Communications Assistant will support us and occasionally take the lead in:
• Developing our online presence through social media, including managing and responding to online posts
• Identifying and approaching potential supporters/followers and partners
• Applying digital metrics to track our performance across a range of platforms, including our website, and interpreting and reporting on the key findings
You will be working remotely, but with regular contact with one or more of the Directors. An experienced Communications Officer is also on hand to provide guidance and support.
You will be a student or graduate with the following skills, experience and personal qualities:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Good experience of using various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, personally and/or professionally (Essential)
• Good understanding of key digital metric tools, including Google Analytics (Essential)
• Excellent written communication skills, and professional manner (Essential)
• Good understanding of the “user journey” in an online community (Desirable)
• Experience of managing a group(s) on social media (Desirable)
• Experience of managing a website (Desirable)
• Reliable and trustworthy
• A good team player with a positive, can-do attitude
• Able to produce high-quality work to specification and within short timeframes
• Able to identify opportunities for effective online engagement with new contacts and audiences, and make suggestions for improvement
How to apply
Please send a CV and short cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role to email@example.com
There is no specific deadline, but we'd like you to start as soon as possible, so if you’re interested in applying then don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’re also happy to answer any questions.
When applying, please also specify your availability, including potential start date, and whether you have a preference of times or days when you would be working.
We will contact suitable candidates directly.
Thanks for your interest!